Think Like an Entreprenuer
Here are 7 things that we believe can help you FLOURISH, not just SURVIVE.
- THINK BIG. Now is the time to talk about your VISION and TRANSFORMATION and QUANTUM LEAP!
- FOCUS ON YOUR STRENGTHS!
“In times like these, you get a chance to show your STRENGTH.” – Jim Collins
Now is the time to get back to your core. Focus on your strength. Do what you do better than anybody in the world!
“CRAZY TIMES CALL FOR CRAZY PEOPLE.”
– Tom Peters
‘MANAGERS’ are, by definition, NOT CRAZY.
These times call for mavericks, crazy people, thought leaders, innovators, creative destructers (to quote Joseph Schumpeter’s definition of an entrepreneur).
- WHAT BOX? This isn’t just about “thinking outside the box”. This is about challenging the fact that there is even a BOX to get outside of! THERE ARE NO RULES!!! (Beyond the obvious moral, ethical, do what’s right stuff.)
- ACT NOW. True entrepreneurs see so many OPPORTUNITIES to CHANGE the GAME. Impact requires massive amounts of CREATIVITY and INNOVATION. REMEMBER: CREATIVITY is about ideas. INNOVATION is about turning ideas into action!!!
- WORK ON THE ‘NUMERATOR’ NOT THE ‘DENOMINATOR’. More budget cuts are not the answer! (However, this is a perfect time to reallocate resources, change the people on your bus, and change seats.) Now is the time to focus on your NUMERATOR: SALES, THE TOP LINE, NEW REVENUE STREAMS, etc.
- STOP LISTENING TO THE DOOMSAYERS! Trust us. True entrepreneurs are spending absolutely no time whatsoever reading the front page of the newspaper nor listening/watching the three major news networks. In our world, if you were to believe 90% of what you read and hear – NO ONE IS GIVING TO ANYTHING because of the terrible economy or some other crisis.
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? ‘Managing’, ‘tweaking’, ‘cutting more from a budget that’s already showing more bone than a well chewed chicken wing’ just isn’t going to get you where you know you need to be.
THINK LIKE AN ENTREPRENEUR!