Old Story, New Story
“Stories impose meaning on the chaos; they organize and give context to our experiences… Facts are meaningless until you create a story around them.”
“The most important story you will ever tell about yourself is the story you tell yourself.”
– The Power of Story by Jim Loehr
- The flawed stories we tell ourselves. “I don’t like to ask people for money.”
- The flawed stories we tell about our prospects. “She can’t make a gift of that size because she just made a big gift to the museum.” Stop making decisions for prospects.
- Our funding stories. Do you need money for your annual fund? (Who cares?) Or are we tying the story to the impact?
- Our organizational story. Remember, Braveheart trumps the Little Engine that Could.
- The Story of the SECTOR! The Story of our Raison d’être! Are we ‘not for profit’ or FOR IMPACT?