For over thirty years, The Suddes Group has been creating and supporting levers for change behind the most important causes of our lifetime, including health care transformation, community resilience, education, workforce development, equality, and justice. In support of these causes, The Suddes Group has helped raise over $2 Billion. We’ve also provided leadership development and fundraising training to over 10,000 leaders, representing every state and 40+ countries.
The For Impact Fellowship is a key part of our commitment to the sector — to develop the next generation of talent necessary to change the world.
What is the For Impact Fellowship?
The For Impact Fellowship is an 18-month paid employment program that identifies and mentors individuals with promising leadership potential. Fellows will receive intensive training and experience working with nonprofit leaders and social entrepreneurs to overcome their greatest barrier: funding. They will work ‘in-the-field’ on funding campaigns and they will engage directly in sales (think: selling a mission or vision — fundraising), owning a portfolio of prospects.
Fellows will receive intensive training and work experience in the areas of:
- Sales / Major Gifts Fundraising
- Message Building
- Team Building / Leading
- Entrepreneurial Thinking
For Impact Fellowships advance a career pathway with connections and priceless experience.
Does this describe you?
We created this fellowship to fast-track the development of the person who feels a general or a specific calling to help others. These are people who:
- Know they have strong interpersonal and communication skills (excellent writing abilities are a must) — but school didn’t show them how to leverage and apply those skills.
- Are entrepreneurial, in that they’ve started and built programs — or even a business — in the past. Even if they didn’t succeed!
- Feel the ‘fierce urgency of now.’ They don’t need to have a clear direction for their energies (that’s why we developed this fellowship!), but they feel restless, as though they need to get busy changing the world (somehow).
- Fellows will be full-time employees of For Impact | The Suddes Group, based at our headquarters in Columbus, Ohio.
- Fellows will receive ongoing training as a cohort of (3-5 individuals) and then be paired with a For Impact partner to work on projects throughout the U.S. (so… there will be travel).
- Fellows will be paid an annualized salary of $40,000, and receive standard health and dental benefits, as well as vacation and sick time, and can participate in other really cool benefits like our Culture of Health.
- Fellows are responsible for their own housing but we will support the housing process with recommended locations and introductions to other fellows (potential roommates) if applicable.
- Application is open to all but we are are looking for individuals with two years of work experience. Work experience does not need to be in the not-for-profit field.
How does the application process work?
Our selection process will operate on a rolling basis until we’ve identified a cohort 3-5 emerging leaders. We’ll be evaluating candidates through several steps:
- Application: Submit a resume, as well as a cover letter that shows your thoughtful – and authentic – explanation of: 1) Why this Fellowship is right for you; 2) Your passion for changing the world; 3) Anything else that’s important to share about your story. Send these materials to email@example.com.
- First Interview: An in-depth video interview with our Director of Talent, Jessica Gemm, so we can talk about what’s behind your application (and a few additional questions we’ll have), and answer your questions about the Fellowship.
- Second Interview: A final interview with our President, Nick Fellers.
- References: Conversations with a few key references to understand different perspectives on your background, contributions, and potential.
We’re accepting applications on a rolling basis, and Fellowships will begin in late summer/early fall, 2017.
Contact our Director of Talent, Jessica Gemm – firstname.lastname@example.org
Help Us Find the Right People
Share this post with someone you know!
To send us a recommendation for a potential Fellow, contact email@example.com.