Teleseminar: How To Use The Leadership Consensus Building Framework
Tuesday, June 14, 2016 1:00-1:45 EDT
Register Here (Free for first 50 registrants)
Leadership Consensus Building: How to get everyone moving in the same direction, telling the same story and working from the same plan.
This seminar offers a strategy and practical examples to address the biggest challenges facing organizations:
- How to get the board ‘on board’
- How to build a clear message, strategy and plan
- How to accelerate your funding
Leadership Consensus Building (LCB) is a framework we’ve developed over 30 years to solve these problems – It’s been a key element in successfully raising over $2Billion.
Click here to download the LCB Framework Visual.
The seminar will do the following:
- Share the LCB Framework concepts and showcase multiple uses. This is something you should be able to use again and again throughout your career.
- Give real ‘use-case-examples’ so that you can get your team on board with using the LCB Framework to simplify your strategic planning, messaging, board engagement or next funding campaign.
This seminar is geared toward leaders – those responsible for shaping and deploying organizational strategy.
STOP FEASIBILITY STUDIES.
Having watched hundreds (maybe even thousands) of nonprofits do feasibility studies, I still don’t get it!
- Internal staff get together and agree they need more money.
- An internal group decides to do a campaign to raise more money.
- Internal leaders enlist external consultants to do a feasibility study for justification, CYA, and backup.
Consultant conversation with a prospect goes like this: “If XYZ nonprofit org were to do a hypothetical campaign with a hypothetical goal, how much hypothetical money would you hypothetically give to this hypothetical campaign?” (UGH!)
START LEADERSHIP CONSENSUS BUILDING.
INVOLVEMENT begets INVESTMENT!!
Instead of feasibility, think ‘Leadership Consensus Building.’ Get your TOP STAKEHOLDERS INVOLVED in BUILDING the PLAN – for both IMPACT and INCOME!!!
This OWNERSHIP will translate into a HUGE RETURN on the time, energy and resources you INVEST in this process.
I’ve chosen these 3 words carefully, and have used this process effectively for the last 20 years:
- LEADERSHIP. It is what it is. It is what it says. Engage your best leaders in this process of message clarification, prioritization, and funding planning.
- CONSENSUS. Consensus is about the right decision, NOT (necessarily) about unanimous agreement on a politically correct, watered-down, something–for–everyone plan. Consensus (on Purpose/ Priorities/Plan) creates commitment, generates momentum, and forces engagement (vs. passive participation).
- BUILDING. This is the kicker. This is the action word that makes this idea worth millions!!! You must provide a framework to let your stakeholders help BUILD THE PLAN!!!
This approach also serves as ‘THE’ most powerful form of PREDISPOSITION, since it answers one of the 3 most Frequently Asked Questions, “WHO DECIDED WHERE THE MONEY GOES?” with an emphatic, “YOU DID!”