Here’s a topic that comes up often with some of our coaching clients – Especially when there is lack of role clarity around maximizing relationships!
A NATURAL PARTNER (N.P.) is a person (either inside or outside of your organization) who has a strong relationship with your organization and an existing relationship with the Qualified Prospect(Q.P.) – Or a reason to believe one can be established quickly!
Externally, Natural Partners can be on your Board, they can have a business relationship with the prospect, they can be members of the same club or organization or they can be fellow community leaders, etc.
Internally, the Natural Partner can be anyone from the President/Executive Director to top senior leadership, to a staff/programming person who has a great relationship with the prospect.
It’s important that you determine the difference between a RELATIONSHIP MANAGER (R.M.) and a NATURAL PARTNER.
The RELATIONSHIP MANAGER does not necessarily have to have an existing relationship with the prospect. Their job is to do exactly what it says – MANAGE THE RELATIONSHIP. The Relationship Manager is always a member of the ‘Green Team’ – I.e., directly responsible for maximizing relationships on behalf of the organization/impact. It is perfectly fine for multiple people within the organization to have a relationship with a Q.P. – as long as the Relationship Manager has been defined.
The NATURAL PARTNER can have an existing relationship, or the ability to create one immediately, but most importantly, they play and instrumental role in Team Selling. They can:
- Help get the visit! Opening doors is one of the most productive things N.P. can do!
- Predispose the Prospect to a great visit! A N.P. can send a great note ahead of the visit – “I know you’re meeting with Sharon on Friday – I’m so excited for the two of you to meet, for you to hear about the vision and getting more involved in our impact! I’ll check in with you after”
- Follow Up! A call from the Natural Partner (after a check in with the R.M.) can be hugely beneficial. “How did it go? What did you think? What can I do to help?”
The For Impact Board Workshop is an effort to honor the number one request from our community: “I wish I could share For Impact with my Board.”
This workshop, led by a For Impact coach, creates passionate advocates, generates organizational clarity and sparks funding momentum in a 90-minute, half-day or full-day setting.
The Board Workshop is designed to engage your Board and Senior Staff around three big components:
- Impact: Get everyone ‘on board’ with your impact, message and organizational story at 30,000’.
- Income: Commit to the ‘Just Ask’ attitude and a simple funding model that addresses your organization’s ongoing challenges with funding.
- The Funding Role of the Board: Transform your organization with the help of passionate advocates who understand how to Champion, Invite and Invest.
How does it work?
- Your For Impact Coach will lead your organization through a brief discovery process to make the most of the session
- Your Coach comes onsite to facilitate the workshop
- Your Board receive materials and training around the Funding Roadmap for your organization
Want to learn more? Please complete this short form and Kerry Suddes will follow up.
Here’s Tom with the companion video to Change Your Vocabulary.
We’re reposting some of OG’s greatest hits. Here he is with the companion audio to On Board(s): A For Impact Guide to Greater Board Engagement.
“How do we engage our board?” is a question we receive with every client – this seminar is a direct answer to that question.
Here, Tom does what he does best – CHALLENGE assumptions you have about the board/staff dynamic, LEAD you with concrete frameworks and tools and SIMPLIFY everything with stories from the field.
Included in this seminar:
- A change in perspective. “A change in perspective is worth 80 IQ points.” – Alan Kay
- How to change the dynamics of the board/staff.
- How to get leaders ‘on board’ vs. ‘on the board.’
- How to leverage a NEW leadership model.
- How to identify the right leaders and champions.
- 3 Key Frameworks (TOOLS) for leaders and leadership engagement.
A great seminar for senior leadership and board members, complimenting On Board(s): A For Impact Guide to Greater Board Engagement
(Recorded by Tom Suddes)
Right click here
; to download file for listening offline.