A few weeks ago we published “10 Action Steps to Help you Engage in 2016.” Over the next 10 weeks, we will use each action step as a week long theme to help you get it done!
This week’s theme is: ACT/EXECUTE on YOUR ENGAGEMENT STRATEGY!
Steven Pressfield is one of my absolute favorite authors and thinkers. He’s written some fabulous historical fiction Tides of War and Gates of Fire, plus The Legend of Bagger Vance. My first copy of WAR OF ART is so full of notes, I can barely read his words!
DO THE WORK written in his usual powerful voice – challenges us to overcome RESISTANCE.
Please trust me on this: ‘DTW’ is required reading for entrepreneurial start-ups, ‘artists’, sales professionals and FOR IMPACT leaders.
Takes 30 minutes to read… but have notebook handy for nuggets/gems like these:
- To ‘ROCK & ROLL’, act on these 3 mantras:
- Stay Primitive. Instinctual. Gut. Go for it.
- Trust the Soup. Forget ‘control’. Put faith in the source, your muse, yourself.
- Swing for the Seats. In For Impact Vocab: THINK BIG!
- ‘START AT END’. If you don’t know the ‘end‘… it’s hard to ‘start‘. Get your goals down and execute!
- START BEFORE YOU ARE READY. Great line! Stop researching, planning, thinking, worrying -JUST START!
- And, DON’T THINK. ACT! Overcome Resistance. Don’t procrastinate. Do it now.
DO THE WORK. START BEFORE YOU’RE READY. OVERCOME RESISTANCE.
WRAP IT. SHIP IT. DELIVER IT.
Leave a Reply