The Blue-Red-Green Team is a great visual that helps with roles and responsibilities within the Sales Process.
- Use your ‘Blue’ Team to help with predisposition, open doors, and even set up the visit. Blue Team represents best example of ‘3 Degrees of Separation’ (Kevin Bacon/6 Degrees is actually less than 3 moves (2.78) from any other actor).
Note: In many cases, you are only 1 person removed from who you want to see. This is especially true in Ireland and North Dakota.
- Blue Team can be engaged before the visit or after the visit.
- Blue Team can be on the visit but never leading the visit. There can only be one leader and it must be a Green Team member.
- Blue Team never goes alone/solo on a visit!
Note: We don’t do ‘peer-to-peer’ solicitation which is just ‘trading dollars’. So, there is always a professional staff person engaged on visit.
- Green Team is always the R.M. (Relationship Manager). No exceptions to this.
- Red Team can help with visits, especially with phone follow-up and call backs.
This visual provided a real eureka moment for a College Sales Team: Deans can help get the visit, but the Deans don’t have to be on every visit. And they (as the Green Team) don’t have to set up every visit themselves.