Marissa Mayer’s 9 Principles of Innovation
Google tech star Marissa Mayer has been named CEO of Yahoo. (Good luck.)
FAST COMPANY put up a blog yesterday from an article (February 2008) on her Principles of Innovation.
Here’s the article. And here are her 9 Principles… many of which you can put into play TODAY.
- 1. Innovation, not instant perfection.
- 2. Ideas come from everywhere.
- 3. A license to pursue your dreams.
- 4. Morph projects, don’t kill them.
- 5. Share as much information as you can.
- 6. Users, Users, Users.
- 7. Data is apolitical.
- 8. Creativity loves constraints.
- 9. You’re brilliant? We’re hiring.
Nice, tight article that will give you much food for thought. Eat well.