“We fail to realize that everything we say is a story — nothing more, nothing less.”
“Stories impose meaning on the chaos; they organize and give context to our experiences…
Facts are meaningless until you create a story around them.”
“Your life is your story. Your story is your life.”
– From The Power of Story, by Jim Loehr
You have control over the story. That’s the WOW!
This week think about:
- The flawed stories we tell ourselves. “She can’t make a gift of that size because she just made a big gift to the museum.” Stop making decisions for prospects.
- Our funding stories. Do you need money for your annual fund? (Who cares?) Or are we tying the story to the impact?
- Our organizational story. Remember, Braveheart trumps the LIttle Engine that Could.
- The Story of the SECTOR! The Story of our Raison d’être! Are we ‘not for profit’ or FOR IMPACT?
Story – if you get it – is a pretty big deal. We’re devoting a lot of time, direction, and resources to helping the sector with ‘story’. Tomorrow, we’ll be sharing practical examples that help you clarify your vision, articulate your message, inspire your team, and transform funding.
Teleseminar: How to Make Your Story Awesome
Thursday, March 7 @ 1:00 PM ET
Info & Registration