One of the big LEAPS in preparing for the AFP session last week in Colorado Springs was a re-design/modification/change in the wording on our FUNDING ROADMAP. (Just like our model, this has gone through way too many iterations to count!)
In the ‘blue’ step #2… we have moved from CASE RATIONALE FOR SUPPORT… to VALUE PROPOSITION… and now to a much clearer ‘FUNDING RATIONALE’!
Nick and our Team are in the field every day… using this ROADMAP to help raise millions of dollars. We’ve decided that the best 3 words to help YOU in this model are:
CREATE FUNDING RATIONALE.
A lot of really good implications and results from using these words.
- Clearly forces you to answer the 3 questions of every investor.
- 1. WHERE does the money go?
- 2. WHY does it go there?
- 3. WHO decided that?
- Also forces you to DO THE MATH! Almost impossible to justify Case for Support or build the Funding Rationale without doing and understanding the MATH!
- Helps tie your IMPACT to your INCOME.
- Helps get ‘numbers on the table’.
- Once you have done the work on the FUNDING RATIONALE, it can be transferred visually to your Engagement Tool.
- And much, much, much more.
As always, I hope this helps you to generate significantly more INCOME in order to fund your IMPACT!
***I told the AFP (Association of Fundraising Professionals) audience in Colorado Springs they were the green people and “GREEN PEOPLE need to help the BLUE PEOPLE!”