Daily Nuggets • • Nick Fellers
For Impact is a team of entrepreneurs. I sold my first company at the age of 20. Tom, a serial entrepreneur, has founded 19 different companies. Just about everyone else has experience in starting or building companies and scaling ideas.
What brings our team together is this experience plus a common passion to use this DNA for Impact. (And, there we have a nice little reference to our raison d’être.) Extracting this DNA — then putting it into words — it reads:
This mantra is so important to us, that we’ve also made it one of our 9 Guiding Principles.
- Think Big with your VISION. How are you changing the world or your world?
- Think Big with your ASKS. You can’t get $1M if you can’t communicate what you would do with $1M!
- Think at a higher level. Get up out of the weeds and see the problem, opportunity, team and solution at 30,000’!
- Get your MESSAGE on a napkin!
- Simplify what you do using the Rule of 3.
- Focus on 10 prospects who could TRANSFORM your funding … and TRANSFORM your organization.
- ONLY do that which is productive in your funding plan (Stop doing special events that aren’t special and that don’t raise money.)
- Stamp DRAFT on everything and go visit!
- No committees. “Engage, then plan!”
- Just Visit. Just ASK. Ten steps forward and two steps back is still eight steps forward.
Tom brings a more powerful voice to the ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT. Not only has he done the 19 companies, but he’s traveled the world visiting with and mentoring social entrepreneurs. Here is a one-pager on TB/BS/AN from Tom.