We are working with some amazing organizations right now. And, with every one of them, we are asking pretty much the same question:
What would happen if you THINK (even) BIGGER?
Three pieces of yeast:
- 1. “Let’s make a dent in the universe.” Steve Jobs’ famous line. Goes really well with his comment to John Sculley when he was trying to get Sculley to move from Pepsi to Apple. “Do you want to sell sugar water the rest of your life … or do you want to change the world?” What is your “dent in the universe”?
- 2. What would you do with $1M? Here’s a great summarized/paraphrased story from the Napoleon Hill’s Think & Grow Rich.
CIRCA 1930’s – A minister decided to do a sermon entitled, “What I Would Do With A Million Dollars.” He worked very hard on writing out his vision, his mission, his goals … and most importantly, an action plan to make his dreams a reality. He practiced his sermon for days, visualizing the impact he would have on the congregation. Sunday arrived. He forgot his notes, but gave his sermon with a passion and enthusiasm that is seldom encountered. Totally drained, he stood on the steps outside the church after the service. The first person to greet him was Philip D. Armour, a wealthy Chicago industrialist. Mr. Armour handed the minister a check for $1 million. And thus was born the Armour Institute … which became Illinois Institute of Technology.
- What would you do with $1M?
- 3. THE MAGIC OF THINKING BIG. I just saw somebody’s list of the 10 best books, and this was on it. (Copyright 1959 and 1965) My copy is November 1975. Note: Price/Investment: $1.95!
- Dr. Schwartz talks about a ‘Big Thinker’s’ vocabulary, talks about focusing on large issues and not trivial details.
- Here’s a great line from the preface: ” … success is determined not so much by the size of one’s brain as it is by the size of one’s thinking.”