Jess Bergeron is a member of the For Impact ‘Tribe’ and works for A Global Friendship, the Brooklyn-based For Impact organization that empowers women around the world living on $10 a day and helps them to break the cycle of poverty. He wrote and ‘JUST ASKED’!!! And, I want to help.
AGF has just launched a new Kickstarter project to help a community living in horrible conditions right here in the United States.
The Kickstarter project is THE SAGE BRAID: A GLOBAL FRIENDSHIP BRACELET … and all the proceeds from the sale of this bracelet go directly to creating jobs on the Pine Ridge Reservation. Here’s the link to the project on Kickstarter.
Here’s why I pledged $500:
- I love AGF’s message around ’empowering women around the world’. (3 daughters, 3 granddaughers and the thousand amazing women social entrepreneurs I’ve met make this a no-brainer!)
- Love the idea of a Sage Bracelet! Sage is just a great natural and spirit-filled material.
- They’re doing economic development through sustainable businesses! I love people who create jobs and economic development opportunities.
- I love the pictures!
- I love the Pine Ridge Reservation ‘Story’.
- *And, my grandkids are really into Rubber Band Bracelets I’ve got a lot of them. These sage bracelets just look a lot cooler.
I’ve never done this before with our For Impact audience, but if you believe in any of the above … and want to help a group of young, social entrepreneurs … go to Kickstarter and help them reach their goal.