IF IT WERE ME… I WOULD:
- Figure out who were MY C.P.A.’s… and then work directly with them!
- Recruit more women, entrepreneurs and small business owners who get stuff done.
- Hold my next Board ‘Memorable Xperience’ either where you deliver your service/solutions… or a really, really cool place that sparks ideas, creativity and innovation. (e.g. the zoo or children’s museum).
- Change the Framework of the Board ‘Gatherings’ (meetings) and focus on Altitude and Impact and Feedback.
- Share the CHANGE IN VOCABULARY as a means of creating great conversation/dialogue on WHY you exist, WHAT you do, and HOW you deliver on your premise (Mission, Vision).
- Spend the entire next Board session talking about the ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES of the Board, summarized on a card (Addendum).
- And, perhaps most importantly, I would restructure my entire schedule in order to have one-on-one VISITS with each member of the Board to go over their ROLE and how they can best HELP!
*I would also share this For Impact Guide with everyone on my Board.