For Impact in Ireland
We’ve been reminiscing about our team trip to Ireland back in 2013 – It was truly the experience of a lifetime for all of us.
We’re excited to bring the For Impact Boot Camp back to Ireland next week! Wednesday, June 1, 2016 | Info and Registration Here.
2013 marked THE GATHERING IRELAND, a year-long celebration of Ireland, its people and all that is great in its connections, both at home and abroad.
The Suddes Group was proud to host our own FOR IMPACT GATHERING on May 20, 2013. This Memorable Experience took place at the iconic Abbey Theatre and brought hundreds of For Impact leaders, staff and boards, social entrepreneurs – any and all who are changing the world or changing Ireland.
We partnered with amazing organizations – The Abbey Theatre, Business to Arts, Social Entrepreneurs Ireland, the One Foundation, Atlantic Philanthropies, the Iris O’Brien Foundation, the Arthur Guinness Fund, Fundraising Ireland and The Wheel – to help change the philanthropic culture from the old story: “Government will fund everything. Why should I give?” to the new story: “Philanthropic support is a critical component in Ireland’s future.”
Here are some memories from our 2013 trip (See our photo album from the trip here.)
- Being on stage at the iconic Abbey Theatre
- Hiking miles in the beautiful, boggy Irish countryside (and finding out the Ireland does indeed have some mountains!)
- Losing a shoe, but no team members, to said bogs
- Walking to and working from the Guinness Storehouse
- Being on a Reality TV show, Master Chef Ireland, at the home of our friends Gavin Duffy and Orlaith Carmody
- Learning to use a Shillelagh (And finding out is is actually a weapon!)