I’m always looking for good graduation gifts, which, in my case, is almost always a book.
For what it’s worth, here are 3 great books for college graduates:
- Think & Grow Rich. Yes, it was written in 1937 by Napoleon Hill, and revised a couple of times since then. And, the language and examples are outdated. However, the principles are extraordinarily powerful. This book has been referred to by almost all of the most successful people as one of their most influential reads.
- Atlas Shrugged. You don’t have to be an Ayn Rand egoist or libertarian to really enjoy this story.
- The Power of One. If you followed For Impact or me, you know that this is one of my all-time favorite books. South Africa. Boxing. Incredible story. Truly exemplifies the ‘Power of One’. “First with the head.. then with the heart.”
- Note: I’ve given away over 500 copies of this book if that gives you any idea.
- Bonus Book: Instead of copping out with Dr. Seuss’ OH THE PLACES YOU’LL GO, try giving out JONATHAN LIVINGSTON SEAGULL by Richard Bach. It’s still one of the great all-time motivational/inspirational stories.
For high school graduates, I would actually go with:
- The Gift of Acabar by Og Mandino. Og is without question my favorite inspirational author. This is a great story about changing lives for the better.
- The Alchemist. I’ve written a lot about this book. It was gift from one of my boxers on the 10th of June in 2001. It’s a great, great, great read by Paulo Coelho. Trust me on this one.