The story you use to maximize funding …
The story that brings rock star talent to your doorstep and fully engages your team …
The story that you tell yourself every day to stay focused and fulfilled …
Is it AWESOME?
Story adds passion, purpose and urgency to your message, plan and everyday actions.
- Is your story about needing more money? Or changing lives?
- Do you have a good story that helps get to the ask?
- Do you have a story that engages your board as passionate champions and advocates?
“We fail to realize that everything we say is a story — nothing more, nothing less.”
“Stories impose meaning on the chaos; they organize and give context to our experiences … Facts are meaningless until you create a story around them.”
“Your life is your story. Your story is your life.”
You have control over the story. That’s the WOW!
Take time to think about:
- The flawed stories we tell ourselves. “She can’t make a gift of that size because she just made a big gift to the museum.” Stop making decisions for prospects.
- Our funding stories. Do you need money for your annual fund? (Yawn. Who cares?) Or are you tying your story to your IMPACT?
- Our organizational story. The story of “Braveheart” trumps the “Little Engine that Could.”
- The Story of the SECTOR! The Story of our Raison d’être! Are we ‘not for profit’ or FOR IMPACT?
Story … if you ‘get it’ … is a BIG deal. DISCOVER your story and make it AWESOME.