Some final thoughts on Seth Godin’s POKE THE BOX. So much good stuff in the short but powerful e-book that Seth just finished, that I needed to throw a few more nuggets at you.
- • “SHIP: The point where your ‘work’ intersects with the ‘market’!”
- • “The person who FAILS the most usually wins.”
- • “This might not work.” (This is perfectly okay to say. Try it anyway.)
- • “Juggling is about THROWING… not catching. The only way to get better at THROWING is to THROW!” (SDE!)
- • “Today, NOT STARTING is far, far worse than being wrong.”
- • “Nonprofits and government discovered that the best way to thrive in a world that’s CHANGING… is to CHANGE.”
And, I’ll close with 30,000′ high-level mantra from Poke that really doesn’t have anything to do with Ship It, Act, Start Stuff. It does, however, have a huge impact on your life.
“DO WORK THAT MATTERS.” and “DO WORK THAT YOU DECIDE IS WORTH DOING.”
Seth just reinforces what every entrepreneur and successful person that I’ve studied does:
LIVE WHAT YOU LOVE.