I urge to order Dan Pink’s new book, TO SELL IS HUMAN!
Go immediate to Page 155 and read about Elisha Otis… and the world’s first elevator pitch!
Teaser: It involved him climbing on top of one of the world’s first elevators and taking an axe and slashing the rope that is suspending it in mid-air!
I love Dan’s thinking as he goes into the 6 Successors to the Elevator Pitch.
- 1. The One-Word Pitch (IMPACT!)
- 2. The Question Pitch (JUST ASK!)
- 3. The Rhyming Pitch (LIVE TO GIVE. GIVE TO LIVE.)
- 4. The Subject Line Pitch (YOU JUST WON $1M FROM NIGERIAN LOTTERY.)
- 5. The Twitter Pitch (ESPECIALLY TWEETS THAT PROVIDE INFORMATION AND LINKS OF VALUE TO RECIPIENTS.)
- 6. The Pixar Pitch!!! (Page 170. THIS ALONE IS WORTH THE PRICE OF THE BOOK.)
Pink reinforces everything I’ve read about Pixar, John Lasseter and his team, Steve Jobs, Walt Disney Company and more.
IT’S ALL ABOUT THE STORY!
- Once upon a time there was _________. Every day _________.
One day ________ and _________. Because of that _________ . Because of that __________. Until finally _________.
To every For Impact organization out there… fill in the blanks and you have your STORY!