Add Your BOARD STORY
I just finished our new GUIDE… ON BOARDS.
Here’s a sample of one of the ideas, thoughts and nuggets.
What is the current ‘STORY’ you’re telling yourself about your Board?
• They want to micro-manage everything.
• They won’t give us names.
• They won’t ask their friends for money.
• We can’t get new and better Board Members.
• We are stuck with ‘Legacy’ Board Members.
• We all dread Board Meetings.
This ‘story’ is familiar, but doesn’t have to be true moving forward.
WHAT IF… you change that ‘STORY’ to one that sounded like this:
• Our Board is engaged with us at 30,000′ around our Vision.
• Our individual Board Members help us at 14,000′ around our Strategy.
• Our Board truly understands their role when it comes to funding… and they love it.
• Successful community leaders who believe in our Cause and our Case are fighting to get on our Board.
• We have had great conversations with our entire Board about the ‘BUS’…where it’s going and who needs to be on it. Those who are not in alignment with our direction have gracefully and gratefully accepted either Emeritus status or rotated off the Board.
• Our Board Meetings are now Memorable Experiences… exciting opportunities to both see and talk about our Impact! We can’t wait for the next one.
You each control the Board ‘Story’. It can be a negative story or a positive story. Either way, It will become a self-fulfilling prophecy.
*See more on Power of Story at ForImpact.org.
SPECIAL NOTE: We’ll be doing a teleseminar next week ON BOARDS. More to follow.