Remember: BEFORE he was Senator Al Franken when he was Stuart Smalley on Saturday Night Live.
Stuart Smalley was an Al Franken character that led an affirmation / self-help show. He would begin every episode by looking in the mirror and reminding himself. I’m good enough; I’m smart enough and gosh darn it. People like me.
It’s okay to take a few moments before your call or visit and have your own Stuart Smalley moment. In fact, always take a moment and remind yourself of WHY you do this.
- Of what happens if you DON’T ask.
- Of what happens if we DON’T raise funds… Then take that all the way out to its logical conclusion.
- Get in alignment with that conclusion. Channel it. You’re there to save lives, change lives and impact lives.
- The person with whom you’re meeting wants to save lives, change lives and impact lives.
- Think: Shoulder-to-shoulder. This isn’t about you ‘convincing someone’. It’s not about ‘getting money’. It’s about working together.
- If you’re