Culture for a High Performance Sales Team
This nugget may be geared more towards the SALES MANAGERS in the For Impact world. But, I love the closing chapter of Wilson’s CHANGING THE GAME.
Wilson’s definition of a HIGH-PERFORMING WORK TEAM:
“A group of committed people who, by working and sharing together, are getting optimal results over a long period of time because they are doing they want to do and being who they want to be.”
- A GROUP OF COMMITTED PEOPLE
- WORKING AND SHARING TOGETHER
- GETTING OPTIMAL RESULTS
- OVER A LONG PERIOD OF TIME
- DOING WHAT THEY WANT TO DO
- BEING WHO THEY WANT TO BE!!!
Wilson closes with his FIVE FACTORS OF HIGH PERFORMANCE TEAMS, listed in order of importance:
- A SHARED SENSE OF MISSION/PURPOSE
- HAVING CLEAR AND ATTAINABLE GOALS
- FREQUENT OBJECTIVE FEEDBACK
- POSITIVE REWARDS FOR APPROPRIATE PERFORMANCE
- TIMELY SUPPORT AND HELP WHEN REQUESTED OR NEEDED
Wilson and Suddes agree that you need to write out the following and put it where you can see it every day.
“YOUR RESULTS ARE BASED ON WHAT YOU PAY ATTENTION TO.”
“YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS ARE A RESULT OF YOUR FOCUS.”