Do the Work (Part 2)
In case you didn’t read Do the Work (Part 1) or haven’t ordered Steven Pressfield’s book, here are 3 more great nuggets:
- 1. 3 PARTS. “Any project or enterprise can be divided into 3 PARTS: BEGINNING. MIDDLE. END.” Pressfield says to decide what comprises the beginning, middle and end… then fill in the gaps! (And then the gaps between the gaps.)
- *Works perfectly with our For Impact Mantra: EVERYTHING’S A PROJECT! (EAP)
- 2. “What is this damn thing about?”
- Love this! Pressfield says to stop every few days (or weeks) and just ask yourself: What is this about? (He uses the word THEME.)
- WHAT is the goal? WHAT does success look like?
- 3. In our world, “Don’t reflect. Act.” This is followed almost immediately by “Reflect. Act. Reflect. Act. Reflect. Act.”
- (e.g. If ‘writing’, this would be: Write. Edit. Write. Edit. Write. Edit.
- If ‘entrepreneur’: Build. Fix. Build. Fix. Build. Fix.)
Again, order this book. Read it. Put it into ‘play’ (ACTION)!