DO THE WORK. START BEFORE YOU’RE READY. OVERCOME RESISTANCE.
WRAP IT… SHIP IT… DELIVER IT.
Steven Pressfield is one of my absolute favorite authors and thinkers. My first copy of WAR OF ART is so full of notes, I can barely read his words!
DO THE WORK is his latest manifestation of what has driven him to overcome RESISTANCE… and complete eight best-selling novels, three non-fiction masterpieces and 34 screenplays!
If you trust my book recommendations at all, I beg you to order DO THE WORK or just download it on your Kindle/iPad. (Personally, I need the book so I can write all over it.)
Here are some ‘golden nuggets’ to whet your appetite and get you to read this, and then ACT!
- Start before you’re ready. SP says. “Don’t prepare. Begin.”
- Resistance is the enemy! SP says, “Resistance is invisible, insidious, inpersonal, infallable. It’s universal, never sleeps, and its aim is to kill!”
- *Great quote: “(Resistance) target is the epicenter of our being: our genius, our soul, the unique and priceless we were put on this earth to give and that no one else has but us.”
- Stay stupid. SP says, “Ignorance and arrogance are the artist’s and entrepreneur’s indispensable allies. Don’t think. ACT.”
- The 3X Structure. (I love this!) SP says, “Divide everything into 3 parts: beginning, middle and end. Act I. Act II. Act III.”
- *He goes into great detail on this. It’s really powerful!
- Fill in the gaps. SP says, “Once you’ve got the beginning, middle and end… ‘all’ you need to do is fill in the gaps.”
- Action-Reflection. He uses these words to summarize the entire ‘creative process’. ACT… then REFLECT. Act-Reflect. Act-Reflect. Act-Reflect. SP says, “Never ACT and REFLECT at the same time.”
- Finally, Resistance-Assistance. SP says, “The opposite of RESISTANCE is ASSISTANCE. A work in progress generates its own energy field(!) You, the artist or entrepreneur (or For Impact leader) are pouring love into the work; you are suffusing it with passion and intention and hope. This is serious juju. The universe responds to this. It has no choice.”