Nick’s Note: Just Ask
‘Just Ask’ the ACTION part of the For Impact message.
- Through The Suddes Group, we’ve raised a lot of money. A big reason for this was because WE ASKED.
So many times I’ve been on a visit with an executive director. We asked… the prospect (after some dialogue) said yes and the executive director then later said to me,
- Just ask when timing is perfect.
- Just ask when you know exactly what to ask for.
- Just ask after you’ve visiting with the prospect nine times.
- Just ask when you’re entire board is on board.
- Just ask when those butterflies in your stomach are finally gone.
- Just ask when you have the perfect message.
- Just ask when you have the perfect materials.
It says, “Just Ask!”
- Timing will never be perfect.
- The only what you’ll know what to ask for is by asking (and getting a response).
- You are in the business of saving, changing and impacting lives It’s not about nine visits. People cultivate because they can’t communicate!
- Re: the board… just move… take action.
- I still feel like I want to puke before a big ask….
- The only way to truly test a message is to ASK.
- Re: Materials, see my above point about message.
Just ASK is all about action.
It’s permission to move. Nothing happens until you ask!
Until you ask, (one-on-one), the message is not personal.
Until you ask, people don’t know how they can help.Until you ask, the prospect doesn’t guide you through what else is needed (from the message, from the org or plan) to make a commitment.
Until you ask, prospects can’t say YES!Just Ask!
This is 90% of everything you need to know about raising money.