Big reminder this week: BUILD SIMPLE!
Entrepreneur’s Mantra: THINK BIG. BUILD SIMPLE. ACT NOW.
The whole ‘BUILD SIMPLE‘ thing is a really, really big deal. It is one of our most powerful ‘nuggets’ and resonates with just about every single person we are with.
Here are some great QUOTES on Simplicity.
- “Simplify. Simplify. Always simplify.” Thoreau
- “What can be done with fewer assumptions is done in vain with more.” Sir William Ockham, Ockham’s Razor
- “Simplicity equals SPEED.” Jack Welch
- “Speed doesn’t kill.” The Old Guy
- “If you feel like you’re still in control, you’re not going FAST ENOUGH.” Mario Andretti
The BIG THOUGHT on SIMPLICITY for the week:
HOW SIMPLE IS YOUR MESSAGE?
- The Gettysburg Address was 272 words!
- (9 words say it all.) 1… Nation… Indivisible…With… Liberty… and… Justice… for… All.
- Washington’s First Inaugural Speech was 134 words!
- The Declaration of Independence can be summarized in 3 big words: LIFE… LIBERTY… HAPPINESS.
And the SIMPLICITY KICKER:
- EINSTEIN’S THEORY OF RELATIVITY was written on 3 PAGES… summarized in 3 WORDS… and then reduced again to 3 LETTERS!!!
- 3 Pages. 3 Words. 3 Letters.
It takes most people in our industry 3 pages just to ‘introduce’ their organization, as a preface for a 30-page proposal or grant request, followed another 30-page addendum!
Challenge for the Week: WHAT’S YOUR SIMPLE MESSAGE?