The Entrepreneur’s Mantra: Think Big, Build Simple, Act Now
For Impact is a team of entrepreneurs. I sold my first company at the age of 20. Tom, a serial entrepreneur, has founded 19 different companies. Just about everyone else has experience in starting/building companies and scaling ideas.
What brings our team together is this experience plus a common passion to use this DNA for impact. (And, there we have a nice little reference to our raison d’être and company.)
Extracting this DNA — then putting it to words — it reads: THINK BIG. BUILD SIMPLE. ACT NOW!
This entrepreneur’s mantra is powerfully guiding in the work we do and the work you do every day.
- Big VISION. How are you changing the world?
- Big with your ASKS. You can’t get $1M if you can’t communicate what you would do with $1M!
- Think at a higher level. Get up, out of the weeds and see the problem, opportunity, team, solution at 30,000′!
- Get your MESSAGE on a napkin!
- Focus on your top 10 prospects to TRANSFORM your funding… TRANSFORM your organization
- ONLY do that which is productive in your funding plan (and other areas of life/biz). Stop doing special events that aren’t special and that don’t raise money. Simplify.
- Stamp DRAFT on everything and move.
- No committees. “Engage, then plan!”
- Just visit. Just ask. Ten steps forward and two steps back is still eight steps forward
Tom brings a more powerful voice to the ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT than I. Not only has he done the 19 companies but he’s traveled the world visiting with and mentoring social entrepreneurs. Here is a one-pager on TB/BS/AN Tom shared with a gathering of 200 young social entrepreneurs earlier this year.