Here are three big questions to think about:
- WHY ARE YOU IN BUSINESS?
- WHAT BUSINESS ARE YOU IN?
- HOW DOES YOUR BUSINESS WORK?
We have worked with a lot of wonderful organizations … especially helping them with their MESSAGE, PRIORITIES and FUNDING PLAN.
IF every one of us and our organizations could answer ‘THE THREE BIG QUESTIONS’… it would help:
- COMMUNICATE OUR MESSAGE.
- FOCUS ON OUR PRIORITIES.
- MAKE BUSINESS DECISIONS/CHOICES.
These questions are driven by Peter Drucker, Jim Collins, Tom Peters, and others.
Our CHALLENGE for you:
ANSWER THESE THREE BUSINESS QUESTIONS (as best you can)!!!
- WHY are you in business? … is all about your VISION and your IMPACT andyour RAISON D’ETRE.
- WHAT business are you in? … should be answered at the HIGHEST LEVEL!!! (Drucker’s old line about being in the ‘RAILROAD’ business or in the ‘TRANSPORTATION’ business might help.)
- HOW does your business work? … is all about your BUSINESS MODEL and your BUSINESS PLAN and your FUNDING/REVENUE STREAMS.
P.S. Collins uses three CIRCLES.
We think this also works.
Let me know if this helps CHANGE THE GAME!