Visit with a Lapsed Annual Fund Supporter
Video, Just Ask | | Tom Suddes
Tom walks through a visit with a prospect that has previously been engaged with the organization but has been disconnected for a length of time.
The prospect is a wealthy socialite with children who has been previously involved with the organization.
Key Learning Points:
- 3 ways to help: Champion. Invite. Invest.
- If someone is not volunteering the information, it is important to be aggressive in drawing out the information with questions
- Go with the flow!
- If the prospect stops you with a dollar amount, simply ask – What do you think the right number is? – put a number on a project.
- If you don’t know what the capacity is, listen and learn – this will influence where you take your ask.
- Tom didn’t start out asking for a 100k, he started with a specific program that tied back into the impact, which led to the ask.
- Can you look at a very special project that will have a huge impact that i want to talk more with you about, that will also be $100K
- It’s not negotiation, it’s a relationship.