No More Major Gift Officers
Don’t freak out! If you ARE a Major Gift Officer … or have just HIRED a Major Gift Officer … or HAVE multiple Major Gift Officers … THAT’S GREAT!!!
What I’m strongly urging you to do is to CHANGE THEIR TITLE!!!
- It’s soooooo development-y and fundraise-y!
- It’s such an insider’s word.
We should wear a sandwich board that says “I’m a MAJOR GIFT OFFICER. I’m coming to ask you for a Major Gift. Get ready.”
Nobody OUTSIDE your organization deals with “MAJOR GIFTS”.
Nobody INSIDE even knows what they are.
As always, I challenge you with the NO MORE … but offer an alternative SOLUTION.
Change the TITLE of your “MAJOR GIFT OFFICERS” to something that includes the word RELATIONSHIP!!!
- Could be a CRO: Chief Relationship Officer.
- Could be a RRO: Regional Relationship Officer
- Could be RDOR: Regional Director of Relationships
- Could be a CRO: College Relationship Officer
- Could be just R.O.: Relationship Officer