Prioritize Your Prospects
Qualify Prospects: Prioritize from For Impact / The Suddes Group on Vimeo.
The second step under Qualified Prospects is to PRIORITIZE. Answering the question, “who should get our ATTENTION and FOCUS?”
THE BIG IDEA: THE MASTER PROSPECT LIST (MPL)
- The Master Prospect List is one of the most critical pieces of the SALE PROCESS.
- The Master Prospect List is a way of rating and ranking your best and most Qualified Prospects in Descending Order of Importance. (That’s DOI vs. DOA. It’s not a ‘hit list’ after all!)
- The Master Prospect list rates your ENTIRE group of prospects – It is not silo based – including individuals, corporations, foundations. It also includes Campaigns, Annual Giving, Planned Giving, etc.
Every Organization needs one MPL!
It’s not a random group of names jotted down on scraps of paper!
It’s not an ‘alphabetical list’ of your best donors and potential prospects. (Think about it. If Joe Zcibowitzx is your best prospect, you’ll never see him – because he’s at the end of your list and you’ll be working on the M’s or the N’s in December and then start over on the A’s!)
The MPL is about BEST EFFORT. It’s not a science – it’s an art! Don’t worry about it being perfect. It’s a living, breathing, moving, changing document and action plan – You don’t laminate the MPL!
3 MANDATES (To Make MPL Work):
- RATE/RANK your prospects.
- Assign a RELATIONSHIP MANAGER.
- Identify NATURAL PARTNERS.